3.23.2009

This is long and really one big thank you. it's like i won a grammy or something

We went in at 5:30 am. Right after we got checked in my dad showed up! he was there at 530 am!! it was awesome having him there, supporting us and entertaining us and helping the time go by til i had the baby! This day was PERFECT! Everything that i really wanted to happen, did. and i need to tell EVERYONE that came to the hospital that morning THANK YOU! i asked my family and tim's family and my should be sister aubrey to be there when she was born. It really meant alot to me that they be there and they were! THANK YOU THANK YOU. I  am about to cry with all the support we/ eva got! (surprise that i am about to cry?) and the night before i realized that it was kinda dumb of me to ask people to wake up early and be there just to see her in the nursery. everyone has kids or school or something and i'm sure it was inconvenient, but it REALLY meant so much to me! The anesthesiologist let my mom in on the c section. and that meant a lot too! i am such an independent person, but when i am having a baby, all i really want is my mom. Tims aunt Tani is a nurse at LRH and she sacrificed her  morning  to be there when baby was born. it was SO neat and i can't tell you how special it was having her there, knowing someone i trust so much be the first one to actually take care of my baby was awesome! i owe her a ton and i hope she know how much that meant to tim and i. THEN logan regional hospitals, new women and newborn center is awesome! i have never gotten to hold my baby after they were born. i sat in recovery by my self, but in this new center, i got to hold her in recovery and also got to have tim and my mom back there with me. it is SO special to be with people after your baby is born! the next perfect thing, is both my mom and tim's mom, maggie got to be in the nursery with eva. i wanted tim back with me, so i thought the next best thing is 2 grandmas with her after she is born. and just a little side note...the nurses at the hospital were incredible! this new center is SO different and our stay at the hospital was actually so FUN!

Thanks to everyone who came and visited us at the hospital. i swear my room was never empty for more than 30 minutes at a time! Eva is so LOVED! 
A little history on her name too! We named her Eva Jo. i have always loved the name Eva. i think it is cute and i think my little brown skinned/brown haired/ brown eyed baby was an eva. But in december we all got a book written about tim's great grandma Eva B and her husband Victor. She was an INCREDIBLE lady. i can't believe all she went through and how much pure faith she had and what a great mom and person in general that she was. i seriously am amazed by this woman i have never met.  So although i have always loved the name, it is a HUGE compliment to my little Eva to share the same name as her great-great grandma Eva. We named her jo after me and my mom. That is both of our middle names. So she is also named after her grandma shanny. who also, is a great and incredible woman! (i feel weird calling my mom a woman! cuz she is so young  and hip!) and i hope eva can be just like her grandma shanny and know what a great person she is named after!
Thanks to my sisters. Meg, merinn and jade. Megan and merinn came and stayed with my kids all week. I don't know what i would've done with out them. i seriously owe them like  a million dollars if i had it! Meg brought Paige, who ended up having an ear infection. i am so grateful for Meg! What a pain to be away from your home and husband and have  a  sick baby, but still come and help someone out! she is amazing! and she seemed so happy to do it too! what a relief to me. i didn't worry about them once while we were gone! and Merinn is only 13! and she has given up a weekend and spring break to come and help me out! i have the greatest sisters! and then they went to jades and probably trashed her house and stayed the night! i really owe you guys and i expect you to let me help you! 
Anyway I am doing great, i have had LOTS of help and support, but i feel good. dr. fowers did have to do a different incision because i didn't have any muscle or something and it is a more painful incision, but i still feel good. and a big thanks to him, he told me if he would've done the normal incision, my stomach wouldn't have been the same. so i'm happy to do a little more pain for a more normal stomach after this is all done!  ok now some pictures!

13 comments:

Jeff and Lea said...

Hey! This is Lea (hendricks) Lau. I check out your blog from time to time and thought I'd say hi and congrats on a healthy beautiful baby girl. You have the cutest kids ever. Anyways I guess that's all!

Its Time to Live said...

When you get ready to publish the book let us know! :) Sorry, that was just a Dale comment. Good story.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Your children are exquisite. I love pic #6. (and #2) Your mom is hot. Your sisters rock. I love Eva Jo. By the way, I hope you really are doing okay, please call me! I get so bored. I really want to come and see your children and throw mine in there somewhere and let them all go crazy. I hope you enjoy your new flatter stomach, I should ask the doc to do mine . . .

Brittney said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! And she is so beautiful! I loved reading your post about your newest little girl! And I have to say I was so excited to find out what you had- I waited so anxiously for aub to text me. I probably bugged her with all my questions- but I am so excited for you! Congrats again!

Sometime you will have to tell me why you had to have a different incision?......

Anonymous said...

i miss all of your kids so much. it was so fun to spend all week with bella and brig but made it so hard for me to leave them. and little baby eva is so so perfect. i love them all and you.

Lindee said...

congrats brynne! eva is so pretty!

Jensens said...

What a beautiful girl!
congratulations to your sweet family with the new addition! You are such a good mom and your kids are so adorable you guys should have a dozen!!

Chelsee Joy said...

She's beautiful! Congrats

Merinn said...

I miss her SO SO SO BAD!! She is PeRfEcT in Every way!!Man, what am I going to do when everybody leaves to go home!! I'll go crazy!

The Bucks said...

I wish I was having this baby in the new Logan wing, I'm jealous!

Amy said...

OH, this baby is GORGEOUS (just like her mama, so no surprise). I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience. It sounds magical and I will agree that the LRH nurses are the best ones around. I'm so glad you had your sisters there for help, they really are awesome people. Remember, i'm only a phone call away, too, and I'd love to help any way I can. Plus, I gotta get my hands on that baby. I just gotta!

timothyp said...

Hey beautiful, I am so proud of you. That there is one good lookin' vida vida gir. I have been workin on a little somethin' so click on my blog and check it out... and this goes for everyone... don't be shy... just do it. I love you so much and I love you so much, and also I love you, and check it out.

Lori said...

Your sweet Eva is beautiful. It sounds like the perfect day. Glad everything turned out just the way you hoped. You sounds incredibly greatful. As a new mommy should be. I hope you're getting some rest. In case you go private. in2dirt@hotmail.com