9.17.2008

Kids say the funniest things

tonight at dinner ( ok I can't really call it dinner...cheese roll ups for the kids and grilled cheese for me) anyway Bella decided she wanted some of my grilled cheese. I gave it to her  and asked her how it was. This was her reply. " ummm, I sink (think) it's pretty dand dood (dang good).

The next is of my husband ( i can barely NOT call him a kid). So he was saying family prayer. We do the best we can, but sometimes it is routine. you know. He said " we are thankful for Jesus and please help us to sleep well like him tonight."  The real funny part. I didn't even notice til he said " uh i mean" and then  i lost it. I thought it was so dang funny! I guess we sleep well in heaven? I laughed about this for probably an hour and then i started to cry because I had been laughing so hard. And writing about it now is getting the giggles going again!

7 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Can't say I blame Tim.

Here's hoping we sleep as well as Jesus.

I hope it's dand dood.

Its Time to Live said...

Killing poor helpless spiders? Sleeping in Heaven? Good thing the relations do not know you are writing a blog. Caught ya! Now if you could please convince your daughter that I am not a monster.

Lindee said...

so funny! i love the things kids say! and i have to admit i mess up in my prayers with addy almost nightly! good thing she's too little to notice that what i said makes no sense. hey, its whats in the heart that matters, right?

Amy said...

So I am laughing so hard that I am crying now, too.

I love it. So funny.

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

That is so funny! I would have laughed too, sorry Tim:) I love Bella's dand dood line too. So cute!

beck said...

That is good humor. I thought about it in the middle of our prayer last night and sort of stifled my giggle. Thanks Tim. And, your roommate friend girl Aubrey always leaves the most hilarious comments! What a fun friend. How's everything going with you???

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

brynne...hey there! i found your blog through tori and just wanted to say hi. your kids are so dang cute! i can't believe how big they are! it seems like just yesterday when i ran into you at walmart in logan and you had just gotten engaged. CrAzy how time flies!! so, your little bella's comment made me laugh so hard...just the other day Lily was wrestling with her dad and having a grand old time...it was past her bedtime so i came in and said, "okay sis it's time to get ready for bed." she looked up at me and said, "mommy, i fink (think) you need to go do the dishes! i is busy wiff (with) daddy."
Yeah, she's Two! We laughed for two days about that. In fact now I'm laughing again! Kids do say the darndest' things:o) keep in touch.
Heidi