1.16.2008

1/17/2003 5 years ago...



Here is our story! I met tim august of 2002. You all know how! We let Bill hook us up at on a thursday at club Skyline! You know the country dancin' joint we all loved. Tim and I danced the night away and then spent the whole weekend with each other til monday! I brought him home with me to meet my family. I told my mom not to act too weird because I really liked him. Megan pulled me aside and asked me if this was that indian boys brother that I used to like! Ha! Ok, so I really was planning on going to NY to nanny. I had the family set up, I had the flight plans to go and meet them! by 9/5/02 we had confessed our undying love to each other. I wouldn't let tim kiss me til he officially told me I was his girlfriend...after all a kiss meant something..( something aub and I will definitely teach our girls:) I think really though, it was all just my little plan to get an indian to marry me...after all my grandma knew out of all her grandchildren, I would be the one to marry an indian! So we loved each other. Then I left for NY 9/13/02. I was there for 5 days meeting the family and so homesick and waiting for the night, just so I could see if tim emailed me. I met the fam, I loved NY, in my mind, I was going. However, heavenly father had a different plan for me. about 2 days after I got home I got a letter from the fam in NY saying they didn't want me! A direct Answer from above! Tim was with me and we decided "YAY" this is our answer and we KNOW that we would get married!
Yeah, it was fast, we only knew each other a couple weeks. but when ya know, you know..and why wait. or as my mom said--you can either get married now, or wait and get married in the backyard. haha. So we chose our day. Lucky for us my best friend from High School so graciously agreed to let us get married the day before her. ( Carr, thank you so much! I know I could've chosen another day and I probably should have, but I love that our anniversaries are a day apart!) Anyway, all the goodness that I have in my life has stemmed from my incredible, amazing, hard working, sweet, cute, brown, he makes my heart beat fast, husband tim! and I love him so much! Yay! Happy 5 year anniversary to us (and to carrie and jed!) thanks to everyone that has share this 5 years with us! thanks all for reading this EXTREMELY long blog and watching my EXTREMELY long slide show! This day was the greatest day ever and I want all to know about our crazy funny story!

P.S. Happy Anniversary Carrie and Jed! We love you! Here's to 5 more!

19 comments:

The Bucks said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys haven't changed at all.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh Brynne. I cannot believe it has been 5 years. Time goes by so fast. And I'm not just saying that. This slide is awesome, you have me crying! I love you and I love Tim. Congrats on 5 years and many many more. I hope I live this close for every year to follow! You two are the best couple ever and when I grow up, I want to be just like you guys!

Carrie said...

That week was a crazy one, wasn't it?? From one wedding, luncheon, and reception to the next! A TOAST to Brynne and her indian Tim. . .to 5 eventful years. . .a few different apartments. . .2 darling kids. . .one who would've been. . .a dang cute honda civic. . .school. . .some crazy jobs. . .the list goes on(i could make it longer than your post!(:). . .but mostly to 2 people who fell in love 5 years ago and have grown stronger together! Love you guys! Happy Anniversary!

Carrie said...

OH MY HECK!! I just saw our picture?? Is that really us? GROSS!

timothyp said...

Brynne:
That is by far the most "ahhhhhhh-some" post i have ever seen. I don't think you realize how glad i am that your grandma made you marry an indian boy, and how glad i am that i am that indian boy, (well...half indian). For an indian boy, i'm pretty bad at typing...anyway, i love you so much...i am so glad that i somehow in a million years suckered you into being my wife! I am so lucky to be your husband. You are such an awesome wife! REally, i want everyone in the blogging community...well, at least this blogging community...to know how great you are! You are such a great mom to our kids. I don't know anyone that takes on as much as you do. You are beautiful! I have never seen a more prettier, more hot, more beautiful girl in my life. I still can't believe that i ended up with such a hottie...does that sound kind of high school girlish? anyway, you are beautiful. Thank you so much for everything you do, especially for how funny and nerdy you are. REally, for everyone out there...brynne is such a nerd, and i don't know where she gets it from, but she is a huge nerd. Anyway, i love you, and i hope this anniversary is fun for you...and by the way...check behind the calendar, but not until 3:30 in the morning!

Jade and Todd said...

Brynne you have to call me and tell me what was behind your calendar...Im so curious! Have fun in Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That is so fun... you do have adorable kids and sounds like you have a wonderful husband. I am glad that you are SO happy!!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love Tim. I love indians. I love Brynne. I love nerds. I love Bella. I love Kona's best bud-Brigham. I love the Israelsen's!

Harris said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute story too, amazingly enough, I never did know how you and Tim met! I love it and you two are so cute together and make the most DARLING children...it was a blessing to the whole world!

Chelsee Joy said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I love your cute love story. YOu guys are such a cute couple.

Cass said...

Happy anniversary! You to are a cute couple. I trying to remember is I was cutting a rug at club skyline that night you met. I just can't remember.

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'VE NEVER HEARD THE STORY OF HOW YOU GUYS MET! YOU ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER! HAS IT REALLY BEEN 5 YEARS-HOLYCOW! YOUR SLIDE SHOW WAS REALLY CUTE! CONGRATS!!!!!

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

Happy Anniversary Brynne!! It's fun to hear the story. HOpe you got to do something fun for it. You guys really are so cute together.
Jenn

Laura said...

Let me add my congratulations to your 5 happy years together!

I totally laughed at what your mom said about getting married in the backyard!

I love what your hubby wrote to you. What a sweetie!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Hey, just fyi- I tagged you. The instructions are on my blog. Hope to see you blogging.

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

You have some adorable kids. It's crazy to see everyone and their families. It's so fun though. Congrats on the five years! It's weird to think we're coming up on our seven year graduation mark!! It looks like you're happy. Love the pics. Take care.

Veronica said...

This might be totally random, but did you meet with the family that you called me about in New York or did you go to a different family? Isn't it crazy how our plans can totally change. Congratulations on being married 5 years. That is soo great.

Lindee said...

hi brynne and tim, love your blog! it was so fun to see bella and brigham this weekend at the powwow. i got some cute pics!

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

HEY BRYNNE- I NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! I AM MAKING MY BLOG PRIVATE-SEND IT TO ME AT shadandtori@yahoo.com