12.10.2007

Don't Judge Me...

f
Any of you who have girls know the battle of should you or should you not pierce your little girls ears. Well if you haven't had this battle, these pictures may discourage you. But before you decide that I am a terrible mother let me explain all this! The second picture of Bella was right after she had the first ear pierced. Not even a tear! It wasn't that bad, in fact it was so NOT bad that I was laughing ( ok, NOW you can call me a bad mother!) Then this last picture the only reason she cried was because Jade was going "ohhh she's trying so hard not to cry" and then, Bella lost it! However, this last picture is seriously 30 seconds after it was all said and done! See, both her and Marli are fine! It's really not that bad...once you can convince yourself it's ok to put holes in your sweet 2 year olds ears! ( you can see I am still trying to justify it!) But if any of you run in to Bella or Marli make sure you tell them they look like princesses! Actually the Island Barbie Princess ( there's another one for all you that have girls...you understand!)

11 comments:

Katie said...

I think they look great. I am actually kind of proud of you guys that you even had the guts to go through with it.

The Bucks said...

That is a great picture of Bella. I think that you were the brave one. They definitely look like princesses.

Adam and Aubrey said...

That is seriously hilarious of Marli holding the mirror so they can check out their hot selves! Bella truly is an Island Barbie Princess. It looked like you were bracing pretty hard for Bella to get shot. . .The earrings are so pretty on her! And you're not a terrible mother, I was laughing like crazy looking at the pictures, especially of the one where she's screaming. . . am I a bad person. . .maybe. . .but wouldn't you rather laugh than cry?

Adam and Aubrey said...

by the way, i noticed the 'template' change on your blog. . .tricky. . .nd where did you get that cute beanie for brigham? kona only has old man hats. . .i should get to my knitting and make him a new one

Anonymous said...

I guess I am a worse mother I pierced Halle's when she was 9 months and then I felt so bad because she cried for like 2 seconds. I love piereced ears they are so cute. Halle had to get them because she looked like a chubby boy. Your daughter is seriously beautiful. The other little girl is a gorgeous too. How fun!

Cordie said...

Hey it is Cordie! I look at your blog often enough I thought I would finally comment! First off I think it is awesome! Who cares what people think! Everybody does it why does it matter when!! I think it is fun that you and Jade did it together! You both have beautiful girls! Where has Jade been with the blog world? Does she no longer have internet???

Amy said...

I guess I will sign up to be the absolutely worst mother ever, because I am planning on getting Riley's ears pierced as soon as I can recruit someone to go with me. I'm scared to do it alone. Lame, I know. So she'll be only 15 or 16 weeks old. These girls are so cute. I hope Ri grows up to be as cute as her cousins. I love the pic of them both looking at themselves in the mirror. So CUTE!

beck said...

Holy Moly those girls are cute! I can't wait to see them in person, I will definitely tell them they look like princesses (however, they might be so over this whole thing, and wonder what in the heck I'm talking about!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, it is Amber. I was looking at Carrie's blog & found your family. Your kids are adorable!! It is so good to see what you are doing & fun to see your cute little family!

Carrie said...

How fun!! I am having that debate in my head after seeing Bella with her's pierced! So Cute! I think because Jed is all for it I have to protect her or something. WHAT?

Jayson & Carrie said...

Brynne! Yea! I was wondering if you had one of these! I just started one to keep in touch with people more. Just so you don't like you get the bad mother of the year award...we pierced Tessa's ears at 18 months. She survived! lol And Jayson told me he was just going to take her one day so I figured I should at least be there for it! Fun to see pics of you on here!