So Brig and I had a little one on one time last night. It really was great to be JUST with him. Of course it was in the ER, but non the less, it was still great to have some time with him. Yesterday we were playing with some kids outside. One of them brought some snacks that happened to be peanut butter crackers. He was so nice and shared, it was just with the wrong kid! As soon as I saw the crackers I told Brig not to eat one and he said he didn't. About 20 minutes later though he was screaming that his tummy hurt and that he needed medicine, and I happened to give him benedryl. Not thinking that he actually ate one of the snacks. 20 minutes from then, Tim got home from work and said that Brigs lips looks swollen. I didn't notice, cuz it was so casual. Tim made me take him to the ER. I didn't think he needed to go, because he said he didn't eat one. good mom right. So we packed him in and he and I headed. by the time I got to the stop sign by my house, brig had swollen so much and was bright red and itching. I should've called 911. Next time I will. I had my hazard lights on and was honking at people. I live 10-15 min away from the hospital and only 3 cars pulled over for me! 3!!! ug! I was so frustrated, I even had a car honk back at me like i was being so rude! Anyway, we got there, they gave him some epinephrine and a few other drugs and 4 hours later, we were released! He felt totally better after about an hour. so it was just me and brig in an er room, eating popsicles, watching peter pan, drawing funny babies on the board and him finally falling asleep on me! I hate that I have to go through something a little nerve racking to realize how much I love someone, and need them in my life! But am so GRATEFUL! I can look back and see where the spirit prompted me to do things that the drs. said was the "perfect" way to do it. and I am so SO grateful for that especially.
5 days ago
3 comments:
Oh, poor Brig..... but you did a good job!!! You are such a great mommy... I'm going to give Ben your email info about your computer. He said you will probably have to call a MAC specialist, but he could probably direct you to a good one. Hope you can get your pics back:)
Brynne! I'm so sorry, that is way scary! I know how careful you are so he doesn't have a reaction. I'm so glad he is ok. He is one special little boy. It's horrible you had to go through that but I love your perspective and how you just wanna love um more and hold them closer and not take it for granted. Your an awesome mom and I miss you.
Hey Brynne, that is so sad about his reaction. Glad you got him to the hospital! Your kids are so adorable. As for the carseat cover, I know how to make the kind that drape over the top if that's what you mean. I could make you one if you find some fabric. I think it takes just about 2 yards. Let me know!
Post a Comment