5.09.2008

The Price I pay

I got in the shower today. Usually the routine goes as follows...tell the kids to play ( do anything to distract them), Hurry and get in the shower, about 30 seconds after I am in the shower,, they realize I am not with them and the pounding on the door starts and continues until I am out. Today was different. the first part was the usual I distracted, ran to the shower, the pounding started...and then it STOPPED! I can't believe what little things I take for granted...like a quiet, peaceful, not rushed shower. Well all the sudden I thought WAIT! if they were pounding on the door and now they are NOT what is going on? I hurry and get out to find this...

This is the price I pay for silence. Is it worth it...? You betcha!!!
These are the moments where being a mom are awesome to me! and I am not being sarcastic! This makes me laugh and smile and think hmmm funny kids. being a mom rocks! My life has changed so much since we had kids, I definitely can look back and really see the little things i took for granted and how being a mom really is a hard hard job. but coming out and seeing these two today gave ME that extra perspective on what being a mom is to ME!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
ps I am a little disappointed only Aubrey commented on my horse background!! haha

20 comments:

Amy said...

Well said, Brynne. I completely agree. Being a mom is, without a doubt, the best and most rewarding job on the planet. Those little moments that crack you up, make you smile, make your heart melt...those are the moments you would trade everything else for. Even a nice, silent, hot shower.

Happy mother's day!

Amy said...

And by the way, I didn't comment on your horse background because I was totally feeling the native american spririt. My daughter is, you know, half Indian. So that makes me a quarter Indian, too. So I get it. I feel ya. Pride in our heritage and all that.

Carrie said...

Ha Ha! I can find the humor and appreciation in kids being kids and am truly enjoying this because it's not my mess to clean up. You are the most patient mom I know. I love that you can appreciate being a mom even when it's not the greatest. . .lesson learned from brynne- I need to not wait for those snuggles, cute words, and kisses and enjoy the messes more!! I hope you have more times like these with your kids and the greatest mother's day yet- you deserve it!! Let's plan something soon in this nice weather. . .

Adam and Aubrey said...

the last picture of your two mini-indians has sealed the deal. I think I'll have one more child. They are so blasted adorable. I love those little kids. You are such a good mom. I would never trade life with anyone else. Not with skin grafts, bad bangs, peanut allergy, lipgloss in hair. . .the list could go on. . . motherhood is the best.

I am missing those horses. Bring them on back.

ps, your A game is AMAZING!

Chelsee Joy said...

What cute kiddies! I cant believe how big Brig is I guess I just havent been on in awhile. Happy Mother's Day!

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

What is that? Glue? Sorry I wasn't digging the horse background. I hope your not offended. That would be way awesome if you built a house though. I'm excited for ya. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how long Bella's hair is.

Veronica said...

Hey Brynne, You have really cute kids and I couldn't help but laugh and agree with you on this post. It reminds me of the time that Brenden put vaseline all over Collin's face and head. At least you got a picutre. These moments are great and makes being a mom even more worth it.

Cordie said...

What cute kids you have! How funny, Isn't it fun to see what good friends they are? Happy Mothers day!

Lindee said...

yeah the horse background was cute and all-go nature-but this one seems much more suited to you. bella and brig are precious btw. so really what is it in their hair?
happy mommy day

Jayson & Carrie said...

Man your kids are cute! I am jealous of their complexion! :) those are priceless pictures!

Harris said...

ADORABLE!! you have such a great perspective, you are such a good mom! Your kids are so so cute, I would love them too and enjoy every min!!

Jade and Todd said...

Seriously,
What is that crap in their hair?I was thinking maybe that Vanicream?? Or is it your cream for that darn yeast infection???!! Just kidding...

Charity Smith said...

Your kids are so cute even covered in...well I really don't know what it is but they are still very cute!

Brittney said...

brynne that is soooooo funny! Loved the picture. funny how silence can be a scary thing. I must have missed the horse background!

beck said...

so cute! I love it. And I'm so glad you appreciated it.

Janelle said...

hey it was good to hear from you!!! I don't mind at all that you found my blog!! I love keeping in touch! Thanks for your support, it was a really hard thing to go through but we are thrilled now to be having a girl! Your kids are darling!!! Hope things are well with you all!! keep in touch!!

Jayson & Carrie said...

I just wanted to send you my email for when you make your blog private. sportydrum@yahoo.com I would love to still be able to see it! Hope you're enjoying the nice weather!

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

That is hilarious! What mishchevious little cuties! You gotta love being a mom. By the way what is that all over their heads? Just curious:)

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh. I'm laughing so hard at the pictures Jade posted on her blog. HA HA HA HA HA! You look UH-MAZE-ING!

Harris said...

k Brynne you are set up on our baby blog now, the site is harrisbabyupdates.blogspot.com