5.02.2011

HELP!!

I need some opinions and lots of them! Here's the thing. I am starting to LOVE black cabinets but worry about a dark kitchen, but think if you can do them right and everything else in the kitchen it could be AWESOMELY fabulous. But if you do them wrong, its just gonna look dumb and kinda horrible. I have always loved the cream cabinets with dark hardwood floors and think its classy and timeless, but I really am loving the black. What do you think? I need some serious feedback please:)
   
These would be the awesome black cabinets done right! Doesnt it look great?!

 
           theses are some that are done wrong and its just yuck and dark and I don't like it!
        and here is the classic cream with dark hardwood!

Now tell me what you think!  I have to decide by the end of the week, is what the contractor told me!

8 comments:

Kara said...

i love love love the dark cabinets., i wouldn't do the dark floors, they are the worst to clean...

A bit about our little family... said...

amen- dark is not fun! I will definitely not go with dark ever again! I do really love the dark cabinets with the light floor..it looks super pretty! either one though really looks nice...ultimately it is what YOU like!

Unknown said...

I really like the cream cabinets with the dark hardwood.

Ryan and Leah said...

I love the cream cabinents. Could I get an invite to your house blog? My email is rldoubles@yahoo.com. What a cute family you have.

kathy said...

Dark cabinets look great in a big space. Go for it if you are working with a big room. If your kitchen space is smaller, stick with the cream. At least that's my opinion. Oh, and the black cabinets will show fingerprints more, and will require more frequent wiping!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I LOVE the black! But for sure, it's got to be done right. I totally agree with Kathy. The difference is if it's done in a big open room. If it's in a small room, it'll feel like you're drowning in it. I'm pretty sure you can drown in something other than water. You get me. Dark floors... I think I'd go with cream..... but who knows. AAAAH! This decision is hard! And it's not even my house!

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

You should go see Tricia's house. It's gorgeous. She did the white cabinets with the dark floor. Seriously! She won't care. Call me and I'll set you up an appointment :)

jenn

Carrie said...

I'm a fan of the cream with dark. That's what I hope to do one day. Make the space look bigger/lighter. You'll be washing one or the other constantly(; but that's what we do. What if the hardwood floors weren't SO dark? So many fun decisions but I can't imagine the stress. Good Luck!! I want to come see when it's all done!